Welcome to Wiggle Worms, a family story time for little ones (ages 0-5) and their parents, grandparents or caregivers. Join us on Tuesday OR Wednesday mornings from 10 to 10:45 a.m. This interactive story time includes early literacy fun with books, songs, fingerplays and body movement. Expect plenty of hands-on activities in a relaxed environment. Register in the Children's Department.
Preschool Story Hour
Join in the fun with stories, songs, puppets and more that encourage development of early literacy skills in young children ages 3-5. Children attend independently. Meets Thursdays from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. September to March. Register in the Children's Department.
- Typically held the last week of March
- Celebrate libraries and literature
- Savor the ambience of sipping tea and visiting
- Registration required
- Short stories, songs, finger plays, puppets and more
- For children who have not yet attended Kindergarten
- Meets from 10:30 to 11 a.m. on Wednesdays during June and part of July
- Caregiver is welcome to attend with child
- Read at least 20 picture books or 7 chapter books to your child to earn a ticket to the reward party
- For children entering first grade and up
- Meets from 1 to 2 p.m. on Thursdays during June and part of July
- Weekly programs engage school-age children with activities based on the summer theme
- Children who read at least 20 picture books or 7 chapter books earn a ticket to the annual reward party