- The library dedicates a new picture book to newborn German Township residents.
- A bookplate is placed in the front of the selected book with the child's name, birth date, and parent's names.
- Families are notified of the selection and given an opportunity to be the first to check out the book.
- The book is then placed in regular circulation for all to enjoy.
- A program to encourage reading activity with your child.
- Sign-up at the children's circulation desk .
- Started in 2006 by our past Children's Librarian Sandy Krost
- Download pages for notebooks!
- The children's room has four display cases for patrons to display their collections.
- Collections are displayed for one month.
- Sign-up at the children's circulation desk to display your collection.
MAKE IT, TAKE IT CRAFTS
- During the school year, craft projects are available during library hours on school vacation days and half days. During June and July children may do a craft anytime during library hours Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- Young children may need help.
TOYS, GAMES AND PUZZLES
- Enjoy preschool toys and puzzles in the picture book area of the children's room.
- Play one of the following games in the library: Arthur Goes to the Library Game, Battleship, CandyLand, Checkers, Chess, Clue, Green Eggs and Ham Game, Memory, Monopoly, and Yahtzee.
TOURS AND CLASS VISITS
- The children's room welcomes group visits.
- Arrange a tour or class visit to the library.
- Arrange for reference instruction in the use of computers (Internet, Inspire, and Online Catalog) and other library materials for a class or group.
- Call 546-2849, ask for the Children's Department