HeritageQuest Online is an online repository of sources for patrons researching family and local history. Records available include the complete 1790-1940 U.S. Federal Census with images and every-name indexes for all years, the Periodical Source Index (PERSI 1800-2009) compiled by the staff of the Historical Genealogy Department of the Allen County Public Library, complete Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty Land record collection (NARA M804), the Freedman's Bank records, the Social Security Death Index (SSDI), and more than 40,000 family histories, local histories, city directories, and other books.
There are 2 ways for Bremen Library patrons to access Heritage Quest Online:
- At the Bremen Public Library - You will have direct access to Heritage Quest Online if you click on this link while using a computer on the Bremen Library network. Personal laptops using our WiFi should directly connect without entering a Bremen Library card number.
- Using an Internet connection - You will need to login with the bar code number on the back of your Bremen Public Library card. Use this link if you are not using a computer on the Bremen Library network.
How To get a copy of an article cited in PERSI:
- Record the title of the article.
- Record the title, date, volume and issue number of the periodical.
- Check the Library Online Catalog to see if the journal is available locally.
- If not available locally, print out the request form. Complete the form and mail it along with your payment to the address given on the form.
- Alternately, check at the Adult Services desk to see if it can be obtained through Interlibrary Loan.