Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I get a library card?
- Please refer to our Library Card Registration Policy in
English or in
- What is my PIN?
- Your PIN is a 4-digit number. You can set up your PIN by
logging in to our Classic Catalog.
- Where is my reading history?
- If you previously opted in to keep your Reading History, you can still find that list by
logging in to our Classic Catalog. Please note, your Reading History on the stjos.sjcpl.lib.in.us
site will not include digital material. In our new system (with the green header), you will need
to add items to your shelf or a list if you wish to keep a record of your past check-outs. An easy
way to add items to your Completed Shelf is to star-rate, comment on, tag, or summarize it. Any title
that is not already on your Completed shelf will be added to it automatically when you rate, comment
on, or tag it. Although our new system does not automatically keep track of your history, there are
some advantages to it: it can include ebooks, as well as traditional books, and you have more options
to filter and sort the items on your shelf or in a list.
- How can I return materials if the Library is closed?
- An audiovisual drop for CDs and DVDs is located to the right of the Jackson Street entrance. A book drop
is located to the left of the Jackson Street entrance. These drops are open 24/7.
- Can I reserve Library Materials?
- YES. All materials with the exception of DVDs may be reserved. If a waiting list exists, items may not
- What if the Library doesn't have what I want?
- If a requested item is not available from the Bremen Public Library, you may ask for it through inter-library
loan. There is usually no charge for this service.
- Can I use my BPL card at other libraries?
- YES. There are two ways for BPL cardholders to borrow materials from other libraries:
- Apply for a card from a library with which we have a
- Purchase a Public Library Access Card (PLAC). The fee changes every January. Please see our
PLAC Questions and Answers page for more information.