Pop Open a Good Book
High School-Adult Summer Reading Program
High School-Adult readers are invited to participate in a summer reading club program from Tuesday, May 28 through Saturday, August 31. Each time six books from the library are read, the person's name is entered in a drawing for a bag of prizes of his or her choice.
Readers will have several opportunities to earn additional prizes by completing a monthly challenge.
New this year is a grand prize give away of a brand new Kindle Fire. Every time a patron turns in a completed reading log, he or she will be entered into the grand prize drawing to be held September 3rd. Readers need not be present to win.
This program is open to patrons who are high school age or older. All participants must reside in German Township or purchase a nonresident card.
To enter the prize drawing:
- Read or listen to 6 books from the Adult/Young Adult Department of the Bremen Public Library. Audiobooks on CD and electronic titles checked out from OverDrive can be counted.
- Record the titles and authors on the reading record sheet available at the adult desk and return it when completed.
- The last day to submit a reading log is August 31.
- With your first entry of a completed reading log you will receive a coupon good for one free Applebees Appetizer.
- The first one hundred patrons to submit completed logs will receive a coupon good for one free cookie from Subway.
A big Thank You to the following businesses for their generous donations this year:
- Blessed With Bows by Jessica Ulmer
- Bourbon Street Pizza
- The Braided Palms, Hair and Tanning Salon
- Bremen Super Wash
- The Bremen Theater
- CompuTrain Enterprises, Inc., Ron Griffin, Proprietor
- Dairy Queen
- Danica Clark Photography
- First Federal Savings Bank
- First Source Bank
- The Italian Coffee Bar
- Lake City Bank
- The Loft Art Studio (Gayle Graverson)
- Mast Service Center
- Miller-Norcen Insurance Agency
- Pla-Mor Campground
- Potawatomi Zoo
- Psi Iota Xi Sorority
- Starbucks (Donated by Amber Bixel)
- Thirty-One (Amber Reed-Consultant)
- Woodie’s Supermarket