High School-Adult Summer Reading Program
High School and Adult readers are invited to participate in a summer reading club program from Tuesday, May 26 through Saturday, September 5. Each time five books from the library are read, the person's name is entered in a drawing for a bag of prizes of his or her choice.
Readers will have several opportunities to earn additional prizes by completing a monthly challenge.
We are pleased to be again be able to include a grand prize give away of a brand new Kindle Fire HD. Every time a patron turns in a completed reading log, he or she will be entered into the grand prize drawing to be held September 8. Readers need not be present to win.
In conjunction with our theme, we would like to honor some of our local heroes. If you would like to nominate a local hero to be featured at the library, please complete this form and submit it by June 30. The person being nominated will be featured on our Facebook page, our Website, and in our adult department during the month of July.
Also, we will have a Karaoke Night "Every Hero Has a Voice" on July 23, from 8 to 10 PM.
The prize drawings are open to patrons who are high school age or older. All participants must have a Bremen Public Library card.
To enter the prize drawing:
- Read or listen to 5 books from the Adult/Young Adult Department of the Bremen Public Library. Audiobooks on CD and electronic titles checked out from OverDrive and Axis360 can be counted.
- Record the titles on the reading record sheet available at the adult desk and return it when completed.
- The last day to submit a reading log is September 5.
- With your first entry of a completed reading log you will receive a coupon good for one free Applebees Appetizer.
A big Thank You to the following businesses for their generous donations this year:
- Amish Acres
- Bourbon Street Pizza
- Bremen Enquirer
- Bremen High School
- The Bremen Theater
- Country Chiropractic-Dr. Anneka Parks
- Dairy Queen
- Danica Clark Photography
- The Downtown'r
- 1st Source Bank
- Health Works
- Lake City Bank
- The Mean Bean Bistro & Brew
- Miller Nor-Cen Insurance
- Pampered Chef - Tara Andrews Consultant
- The Pilot News
- Psi Iota Xi
- South Bend Cubs
- Teresa Cox - Certified Medical Massage Therapist
- Thirty-One Gifts - Amber Reed Consultant
- Wings, Etc.
- The Wooden Peel