Bremen Public Library Teen Advisory Board (TAB)
Do you want to have a voice in making the library a better place for teens? Join the Bremen Public Library Teen Advisory Board to help plan programs, meet other teens, and earn volunteer/community service hours that will look good on college and job applications.
What are the selection guidelines?
TAB membership is open to both public and homeschooled students in grades 6-12. TAB members will be selected based on the strength of their application and a brief interview with the Young Adult Librarian.
What does TAB do?
All TAB members must work as a team under the guidance of the Young Adult Librarian to create, plan, and implement programs; recommend books, movies, and games; volunteer for community service projects; and assist in creating an inviting teen environment in the library.
What are the TAB member expectations?
- Be an active and positive participant in the group.
- Be willing to serve for at least a 12 month term.
- Time commitment: 1-hour meeting every last Monday of the month from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Monthly program/review commitment: Attend a teen program at the library (other than a TAB meeting) or write a review for a book/movie to be used by the library.
- Volunteer: TAB will participate in several volunteer service projects a year. You must attend at least one. You will receive volunteer hours for attending TAB meetings and volunteer events.
Download an application here or pick one up at the library!