Library Card Registration Policy
How to Get a Bremen Public Library Card
All German Township residents are entitled to a free library card. A photo ID and proof of residence in German Township are required to obtain the card.
For those living outside the boundaries of German Township, there are several ways to obtain a card.
- Any student currently enrolled in Bremen Public Schools is eligible for a free card, regardless of residence. Students must show a current school-issued photo ID or a current report card when applying.
- All teachers and staff members of Bremen Public Schools are eligible for a free card, regardless of residence. A school-issued photo ID is required when applying. The card is valid for five years, but can be renewed by showing an updated school-issued ID.
- Bremen Public Library is part of a statewide reciprocal borrowing network of libraries. This means that if you have a library card from any of the libraries on our reciprocal borrowing list, you are eligible to obtain a card with our library as well, free of charge.
- If your home library is not part of the reciprocal network, you may purchae a PLAC card, which gives you access to every library in the state of Indiana. The PLAC card fee is $65 per year.
- For those who reside in an area not serviced by a library, a non-resident fee of $75 is required to obtain a card.
You may choose to receive overdue notices by telephone, postal mail, or e-mail.
The card owner is responsible for all materials checked out on the card. If your card is lost or stolen, report it immediately to the Library at 574-546-2849.
To maintain a viable patron file, library cards expire after five years. Patrons may reactivate their borrowing privileges by producing acceptable forms of identification.